Church Office Manager
Wokingham Baptist Church is seeking a Church Office Manager. This is a key role in the ministry of the Church and provides support to the Staff Team and also the Church Secretary and Church Treasurer, releasing their time for other aspects of ministry.
There may be some flexibility in how the role works in practice. In particular we would welcome applications from individuals who are interested in a job-share. We would also be open to restructuring the responsibilities to suit the gifts of particular applicants, provided that overall we could ensure that all aspects of the role would be covered.
The role includes responsibilities in these broad areas:
- You are the main point of initial contact for both the church family and the wider community
- You provide administrative support to the Staff Team, Church Secretary and Church Treasurer
- You provide general office administration to ensure regular activities of the church run smoothly
- You ensure operational management of church activities including compliance with relevant regulations and developing procedures to do this
- You gather and facilitate sub-groups to deliver special projects
The overall requirement is five mornings a week (Monday to Friday) totalling 20 hrs per week which are the Church Office opening hours (currently remotely due to COVID). Flexible working can be accommodated as required and agreed in advance. The annual salary would be c. £12,000. Should a job-share arise the salary would be varied to reflect the relevant allocation of responsibilities and hours.
Closing date for applications is 14 June 2021.