Content and communications assistant
As a Church we are always seeking new and innovative ways to reach our community and share the Good News of Jesus with our friends and neighbours. We live in an increasingly digitalised world and the COVID pandemic has underlined the importance of seeking alternative routes to communicate and to create and develop relationships.
We are looking for some assistance in enhancing and improving our digital communications, whether it be social media or livestreaming of services.
The role will involve shaping our strategy and creating/posting content that reflects our culture and values in relation to the following areas:
- Ensuring we leverage the livestreaming of our services through our website, YouTube and Facebook
- Ensuring we are using our private and public Facebook pages/groups and our website to reach the community and the Church family whether via church updates, special events and community matters of interest
- Refreshing how we communicate newssheet information etc with our church family
- Explore developing our presence on other social media platforms
- Anything else any interested person can think of!!
We anticipate the role would be 2 to 3 hours a week on a regular basis with some extra hours if there is a special project. It would suit someone who has experience in communications, copywriting or similar, embraces social media and digital communications and who can bring some creativity and new ideas to the table. The role could be done remotely and would not be fixed hours so could be done flexibly around other responsibilities.
This could be a paid role or may suit a committed volunteer and would suit someone in support of, and in alignment with, the values and aims of the church.
Enquiries into the role, and/or any applications, should be made to the church secretary.
Closing date for applications is 14 June 2021.