Gives attention to what we need to be learning and exploring so we grow in our following of Jesus.
- Love to see people growing in their discipleship and reaching their full potential.
- Have a gift for communicating truth and wisdom in an encouraging and accessible way.
- Have a love for the Scriptures, and love helping others to engage with them.
- Are concerned that Christian truth moves from theory to practice in people's lives.
The Teaching Team’s task is to:
- Consider all aspects of Teaching and Discipleship in the church, so that we grow in missional discipleship.
- Be asking: what do we need to be teaching and learning across all age-groups, and how can these things best be communicated in imaginative and engaging ways?
- Consider and generate ideas for the Sunday teaching programme.
- Be a place where potential teachers and preachers are nurtured and enabled.
- Look for opportunities to train and enable people in discipling or teaching others, and in aspects of church leadership.